History of Deshler Lutheran School
Deshler Lutheran School is one part of the ministry conducted by St. Peter Lutheran Church-Deshler and Trinity Lutheran Church-Friedensau. Both congregations have a rich tradition of providing Christ-centered education. Trinity Lutheran at Freidensau called the first teacher to the Nebraska District in 1879. St. Peter's Lutheran School was established in 1889. In 1966, Trinity Lutheran Church of Friedensau and Bethlehem Lutheran Church of Kiowa merged with St. Peter's Lutheran Church of Deshler to form the Deshler Lutheran School Association using the 1953 building and grounds in Deshler for its campus.